About

NHEHS is the oldest of the schools founded by The Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST). It opened in 1873, and was originally located in Norland Square, Notting Hill and moved to its current site in Ealing in 1930.

The school has always had an outstanding academic reputation and been at the forefront of girls’ education. Right from the beginning NHEHS girls went on to study at Oxford, Cambridge and London Universities. This was at a time when women were allowed on sufferance to attend lectures, (if chaperoned), but were not permitted to take examinations or be awarded degrees.

By 1900 most universities were admitting women without such restrictions and a steady stream of young women from NHEHS were taking their degrees at universities such as London and Durham as well as the women’s colleges of Oxford and Cambridge.

Notting Hill & Ealing girls are still well grounded, confident and independent. They are proud of their school and this remains a place where kindness, and laughter, fun and friendship are valued; where tolerance and mutual respect are nurtured and where you can be yourself.